How do I apply?
Applications are submitted completely online. You can complete the online application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below, or by clicking “Apply Now” under the “Rent” tab. There is a one-time, non-refundable $35 application fee for each applicant.
Who needs to fill out the application?
All persons, 18 and older, who will be listed as a tenant of the lease is required to fill out the application.
Is there a fee?
There is a one-time, non-refundable $35 application fee for each applicant. Please read the application requirements as this fee will not be refunded if the application is denied. If you apply and there are applications ahead of yours, we will not collect your fee unless we are sure we are able to move forward with running the reports for your application. (e.g. If another applicant before you is approved and they deliver a deposit, you will be notified and your fee will not be collected at that time).
Is there a background check?
A credit and criminal background report will be conducted for each applicant. These reports will be run through our system. We strongly urge applicants to have an understanding of what is on their credit and background reports before applying. The application fee will not be refunded for denials based on credit/background reports.
Do you require any documentation?
Each applicant who’s income will be considered is required to attach a form of income verification to the application. The most common form being paystubs, which we required the most recent months’ worth to be attached to the application. If you are planning on using Section 8, a housing voucher or any type of housing assistance, please attach all documentation of this in the application.
How long does the application process take?
The full application process can take up to 5 business days. This is dependent on how efficiently we receive required documents, and how quickly we can get in contact with listed references.
What is your policy regarding co-signers?
Co-signers and guarantors are accepted only on a case by case basis. Co-signers that are out of the state of PA can not be accepted.
What is your pet policy?
We do not allow pets at our multi-family properties (i.e. apartment buildings).
For our pet-friendly single-family properties, a non-refundable pet fee of $100 will be assessed for each pet. No more than 2 pets will be allowed. What dogs are acceptable are a case by case depending on size/breed of dog and size of yard. Additionally, a fee of $20 a month will be added to rent.
Due to insurance regulatory requirements, we cannot accept the following breeds of dogs into an of our units: Pitbull, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, and Wolf Hybrid.
What are the application requirements? (Please read carefully)
- Required to be 18 years of age or older (excluding children living with parents/legal guardians)
- Net Combined monthly household income must be 3x the monthly rent. It is required that you attach paystubs or sufficient documentation displaying this. Note: You may submit other documentation including offer letters displaying anticipated income, documentation of government financial assistance, and tax returns if it is not possible to attach paystubs to your application.
- Credit history requirements: we evaluate credit, however, if an applicant does not have an established credit history, it is the company’s discretion if the applicant’s income and background information will lead to approval.
- What we look for on a credit report: Preferred credit score of 600+ average for the household, less than $2,500 past due, and $0 in collections (excluding medical bills).
- Rental history requirements: we do verification checks with previous landlords. If there are outstanding balances owed to previous landlords or there is an eviction on the applicant’s records, the applicant will automatically be denied. Individuals without rental history will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Employment history requirements: We look for applicants to have at least one year of consistent employment history. Applicants with a shorter duration of employment will be considered on a case by case basis. SPG will check with each employer to verify the information provided.
- Criminal background: violent crimes, certain theft/fraud are automatic denial. Misdemeanors and other felonies will be at the discretion of the company as to whether or not the applicant will be approved. Harassment, disorderly conduct, etc will result in a denial.
- Section 8 and Housing Vouchers: Please be sure to attach any and all housing assistance documentation with your application.
- Renter’s Insurance: we require tenants to have renter’s insurance upon moving in to one of our properties.
- If you have any questions about these, please feel free to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-778-4125.