How do I apply?
Applications can be submitted online or dropped off at the SPG office located at 218 Carlisle St, Hanover, PA. You can complete the online application by clicking the Apply Now button below.
Who needs to fill out the application?
All persons who will be listed as a tenant of the lease is required to fill out the application.
Is there a fee?
There is a one-time non-refundable $30 application fee for each applicant.
Is there a background check?
A credit and criminal background report will be conducted for each applicant.
How long does the application process take?
The full application process can take anywhere between 2 and 7 days depending on how efficiently we receive what we need any how quickly we receive feedback.
What is your pet policy?
For our single-family properties, a non-refundable pet fee of $100 will be assessed for each pet. No more than 2 pets will be allowed. What dogs are acceptable are a case by case depending on size/breed of dog and size of yard. Additionally, a fee of $20 a month will be added to rent.
Due to insurance regulatory requirements, we cannot accept the following breeds of dogs into an of our units: Pitbull, Doberman Pinscher, German Shepherd, Presa Canario, Rottweiler, and Wolf Hybrid.
Unfortunately we do not allow pets at our multi-family properties.
What are the application requirements?
- Required to be 18 years of age or older
- Co-signers: used as a means for assistance for applicants who do not have sufficient income to support monthly rent.
- Credit history requirements: we evaluate credit, however, if an applicant does not have an established credit history, it is the company’s discretion if the applicant’s income and background information will lead to approval.
- Rental history requirements: we do verification checks with previous landlords. If there are outstanding balances owed to previous landlords, the applicant will automatically be denied.
- Criminal background: violent crimes, certain theft/fraud are automatic denial. Misdemeanors and other felonies will be at the discretion of the company as to whether or not the applicant will be approved.
- Section 8: we do not accept section 8 housing at this point in time.
- Renter’s Insurance: we require tenants to have renter’s insurance.